Baader CMOS-optimized L-RGB Filters Now Available!
The new CMOS-optimized L-RGB filters from Baader Planetarium with Reflex-Blocker™ and Life-Coat™ are now available in 1.25", 2", 31mm, 36mm, 50.4mm, 54mm, 50x50mm and 65x65mm.
Baader CMOS RGB Bandpass Filter
- RGB-R (595 – 690 mm)
- RGB-G (490 – 580 mm)
- RGB-B (400 – 510 mm
- Baader CMOS UV/IR Bandpass / L-Filter
UV/IR Cut (420 – 685 nm)
- Reflects harmful thermal radiation in the infrared spectral range
- Provides 98% transmission over the entire visible spectrum from 420 - 685 nm
- Prevents blurred star imaging with red-sensitive digital and CCD/CMOS cameras
The new generation of Baader CMOS-optimized filters features
- Optimized for modern CMOS cameras, but likewise excellent for older CCD camera technologies
- Anti-reflection RGB filter (red/green/blue) with extremely high transmission of the respective color channel, thus simultaneously reducing stray light and reflections to an unprecedented level
- Balanced RGB design allows subframes to be taken with the same exposure time – extremely important for automated imaging tasks
- Increased contrast
- Reflex-Blocker™ coatings
- FWHM on each filter category carefully designed to allow for 1:1:1 exposures, matched for typical CMOS quantum efficiency and s/n ratio
- Blackened edges all around, with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a black frontside outer rim, to additionally eliminate any reflection due to light falling onto the edge of a filter with filter-lead-side-indicator in the form of a telescope-sided black outer rim
- Each filter coated individually, with sealed coating edge (NOT cut out of a larger plate with coatings left exposed read more)
- Reflex-Blocker™ hard coated and planeoptically polished – with sealed coating edges (Life-Coat™)
- Life-Coat™: evermore hard coatings to enable a non-aging coating for life – even in a most adverse environment
What is Life-Coat™?
Life-Coat™ is a Limited-Lifetime-Warranty for CMOS-optimized Baader filters.
A Baader Planetarium exclusive. Filters incorporating Baader Planetarium’s Life-Coat™ technology are so durable that Baader Planetarium warrants the coatings for the life of the filter. Baader Planetarium has developed Life-Coat™ using materials and processes that result in coatings which will not degrade or fail for a lifetime. Life-Coat™ coatings resist moisture, temperature extremes, and are hardened to withstand normal cleanings.
Baader Planetarium guarantees their Life-Coat™ coatings will not peel, flake or physically degrade and will withstand repeated cleaning with fine optical cleaning equipment. The Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to the original purchaser and does not cover failure from mis-use, physical damage through improper handling, or improper cleaning.
See the filters at https://alpineastro.com/products/baader-cmos-optimized-lrgb-filters