The Baader Hyperion Zoom Barlow quickly attaches to any Hyperion 8-24mmm Clickstop zoom eyepiece, instantly converting it into a 3.5-10.5mm Zoom. The matched optical design results in a virtually transparent 2.25X multiplication, without any optical compromises, essentially giving a 7X zoom range with outstanding optical performance throughout the 3.5-24mm range.
Highlights of the Hyperion Zoom Barlow Lens
- Optically Matched for perfect optical performance with the Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom.
- Anastigmatic Flatfield Design.
- Air-spaced triplet lens.
- Baader Phantom Group Coatings on all air-glass surfaces
- Fully internally baffled and blackened to eliminate stray light reflections
- Enables dual 2"/1¼" Barrel Configuration with all Baader Hyperion Clickstop Zooms (MkI - MkIII)
- Threaded for standard 1¼" filters.
- Modular Design.
Outstanding as a general purpose Visual Barlow and Flatfield Projection Optic
- Includes all adapters needed to couple to any 1¼" filter thread. Enables attachment to practically any 1¼"Eyepiece for use as a classic APO barlow.
- Includes T-adapter to couple to any T-threaded component, camera, extension tubes, diagonal, etc.
Hyperion Zoom Barlow as a High-Quality Projection Optic and Standard Visual Barlow
The Hyperion Barlow works superbly with all DSLR and CCD cameras for projection imaging. The included T-2 Adapter enables the Barlow to be attached and configured with practically any camera, and is able to cover projection ratios of up to 5X through the use of extension tubes (such as our Astro T2 System). *
The Hyperion Zoom Barlow makes a superb variable magnification Barlow!
(shown directly attached to 1¼" eyepiece filter threads with included adapter,
or T-2 prism diagonal via the included T-2 threaded adapter)
* The projection/amplification ratio can be determined by measuring from the lens assembly filter thread shoulder to the focal plane of the camera or eyepiece. The focal length of the barlow is approximately 60mm. For example, a magnification of 2X is achieved when the barlow is positioned 60mm ahead of the focal plane. At 120mm the magnification is 3X, and so on (1X per 60mm of spacing). When used with the included T-2 adapter and a DSLR (with T-ring, such as the new Baader Protective DSLR T-rings), the projection ratio is approx 2.2X.
|INNER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)
|OUTER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)
|OUTER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)
||Thread, M28,5, T-2 (M42 x 0,75)
||Phantom Coating® Group
||Aus dem normalen Brennweitenbereich von 8 - 24 mm des ClickStop Zooms ergibt sich durch Adaption der Barlowlinse ein Brennweitenbereich von 3,5 bis 10,5 mm
|BARREL SIZE (IN)
Hyperion Universal Zoom Mark IV - Specifications (drawing and technical data)
Hyperion Zoom Mark III - Specifications (Technical Data)
Testreview - Baader 2.25x Barlow und Mark III Hyperion Zoom, A first look at new astro gear - Hernando