- High-precision focusing motor for heavy loads (up to 8 kg), incl. temperature sensor, supports temperature compensation.
- Works with every Baader Steeltrack® focuser (Classic and Diamond)
- Please note: The motor unit requires the Steeldrive II Controller (#2957260) . You always need one controller to operate one motor unit. But you can use one controller with several motor units one at a time – you only need to plug it into the motor unit which you want to use.
- Can also be used with other focusers like e. g. FeatherTouch. Adapters for other focusers are in development, but not included in the scope of delivery.
- Contactless Homing Sensor enables precise homing and repeatable ap- proach of saved absolute positions – perfect for remote-observatories.
- Can be controlled either with the powerful SteelGo II software or through the ASCOM driver. Needs Steeldrive II Controller (#2957260).
- Made in Germany: The housing is CNC-milled from Aluminium in our factory. The electronic boards are made by a German company according to our specifications.
The SD II motor unit is designed to be operated with the SD II control unit. If you want to use the motor without the Steeldrive II Control unit, you can find a diagram with the pin configuration for a self-made control in the manual (see manuals tab). A control unit can control one motor unit at a time, but you can use a computer to control several controllers parallel.
The motor is designed to move to a saved position with highest precision if it is used together with the homing sensor – even if it has to move several kilograms over the complete travel of the focuser! The Steeldrive II Motor Focuser includes one motor unit with belt drive and a 3m long connection cable. It can be connected to all Baader Steeltrack® and Diamond Steeltrack® focusers. A 3D-printed magent holder for homing sensor, which can be attached to the focuser. For Baader Diamond Steeltrack® focusers, a Metal Magnet ring for Homing Sensor (Steeldrive II) is available separately.
The motor unit of the Baader Steeldrive II can easily be attached to focusers with a dovetail clamp. A Baader Diamond Steeltrack® focuser already provides a matching 25mm dovetail, as well as the previous Classic 2" or 3" Steeltrack® models (25 mm or 27 mm dovetail). Other focusers can also be used, but they may need other adapters, which will either be offered by us in the future or must be custom-made by you.
- Steeldrive II (SD II) motor unit for Steeltrack ® focusers
- CAT 7 cable (3 m) to connect the control unit
- SD II toothed belt for Steeltrack® focuser
- Temperature sensor with phone connector. Can be used with SD II motor units or SD II control units
- Magnet holder for homing-sensor – can be used with Diamond Steeltrack® and similar focusers, includes mounting screw
- Allen key (2 mm)
- Velcro tapes (cable ties) for strain-relieving cable management
|PAYLOAD CAPACITY (KG)
||up to 8 kg
||appr. 2,7 micrometer per step
||ca. 0,7 Watt
||SteelGo Software (Download)
Manual for Steeldrive II Motor
Manual for Steeldrive II Controller
Manual for Steelgo Software