Designed specifically for the GM1000 HPS Mount and the Leonardo Binomount, the Aries Tripod is the world´s most rigid and most lightweight collapsible tripod. HPS-tested *, with folding dual tube upper leg design to provide maximum rigidity. It’s the state of the art tripod and the best solution for your GM1000 HPS mount. Suitable also for BM1000 Leonardo binocular mount.
Today’s electronics (such as very high CCD resolutions and increasing optics and software performance) force instrument manufacturers to also improve every mechanical part. The tripod is the base of the setup and needs to be perfect regarding torsional stiffness, vibration absorption, stability and so on.
These are the reasons why 10Micron developed their own tripods. Only with a tripod like their Aries or Centaurus II can they assure that all the accuracy of their exclusive HPS system will be maintained.
* tested to sustain the HPS-encoder accuracy.
- All CNC-machined aluminum design with ERGAL -alloy tubing
- Strong-grip clutches for fast and secure height adjustment
- Three collapsible leg extensions for ease of transport (collapsed total length: 85 cm)
- Variable height from 75 cm to 115 cm (29.5 to 45.3”)
- Tripod weight: 13 Kg (28.6 lbs)
- Payload: 80 kg (176 lbs) max
- Tripod head diameter: 160 mm – 6.3 “ (matching GM1000 mount; predrilled to fit other mounts – with adapters)
- Upholstered cordura bag of highest quality
- Cordura triangle cloth to serve as giant accessory tray
- Total weight (tripod & Cordura bag): 14 Kg (30.8 lbs)
- Dimensions of transport-ready Cordura bag w. tripod: diam. 230 mm x 850 mm
- Dimensions of transport-ready carton box: 950 x 250 x 250mm
- Aries Tripod for GM1000 and BM100L, ready to use
- Cordura accessory tray
- Cordura bag