CENTAURUS II Tripod, aluminum
Note: To enquire or to place an order please press the Add to Quote button and add as many products to the quote as you are interested in. Add any questions or comments in the Message field. We will then get back to you to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, give us a call.
Click for further details on ordering, payment and shipping.
The CENTAURUS II tripod was designed specifically to support the HPS-encoder technology used in the portable 10Micron GM2000 mounts. This tripod offers the very best ratio of load capacity and rigidity versus portable weight and is absolutely safe against leg shift or sink.
With the advent of 10Micron HPS-technology it has become obvious how extremely important an optimized tripod is it to achieve the sub-arcsecond accuracies that these mounts are capable of. Thanks to the absolute HPS-encoders, now we can measure that a variation in length of 1/10 of a millimeter (0.0042in) in one tripod leg directly equals up to 10 arc-second displacement of the object being observed. This also holds true in the case one tripod leg is sinking into the ground or shifting just by this small amount during an imaging session. With these encoders you can see what had not been measurable before – and it makes all aspects of an improper telescope set up show up mercilessly. For this reason the legs of the new Centaurus II are made of ultra-hard aircraft aluminum, fastened with way oversized spread-clamps and each tripod tip is equipped with a tiltable, hard, zero play contact plate. The Centaurus II tripod is optimized to the utmost, to bring the ABSOLUTE 10Micron HPS-accuracy straight into the ground – without compromise. Any chain is just as strong as its weakest link. When using an CENTAURUS II tripod, your 10Micron HPS-mount chain stays rock solid.
A special adapter (#10M1091) allows to fit the also the GM1000 mount for an extra sturdy configuration.
- All CNC-machined aluminum design with ERGAL – alloy tubing
- Strong-grip clutches for fast and secure height adjustment
- Three collapsible leg extensions for ease of transport (folded length: 100 cm – 39”)
- Variable height from 90 to 135 cm (35” to 53”)
- Tripod weight: 21 kg (46 lbs)
- Payload: 200 kg (441 lbs) max
- Tripod head diameter: 230mm (9”), matching GM2000 mount, predrilled to fit other mounts – with adapter
- Upholstered cordura bag of highest quality
- Cordura triangle cloth to serve as giant accessory tray
- Total weight (tripod & Cordura bag): 22,5 kg (50 lbs)
- Dimensions of transport-ready Cordura bag w. tripod: 30cm (12”) Diameter, 100cm (39”) Length
- Dimensions of transport-ready carton box: 110 x 35 x 35 cm (43” x 14” x 14”)
- HPS-tested – to sustain HPS encoder accuracy