- Camera-side adapter to accommodate PlaneWave SecureFit camera adapters for the Instrument Multi Port IMP85 (#2451300)
- Used instead of the SecureFit extensions
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
- Connections on telescope side: Securefit bolt circle 4x N10 bolt circle D104.8
- Black anodized
- Optical length: 0.5 mm
- Inner and outer diameter: D85i/ D120a
Instrument Multi Port IMP85 Adapter
This adapter is used to attach the Instrument Multi Port IMP85 (#2451300) to telescopes with IR90 focuser.
A variety of adaptations are possible. The IMP85 is delivered without adapters. A variety of telescope-side and camera-side adapters are available from stock. For custom applications, we provide the design for the flange on request.
Following adapters are available from stock:
- IMP85 Adapter to Hedrick Focuser (#2451310)
- IMP85 Adapter to IR90 Focuser (#2451311)
- IMP85 Adapter to IR90 Focuser Short (20mm) (#2451316)
- IMP85 Adapter to PlaneWave SecureFit (#2451317)
- IMP85 Adapter to M100a (#2451312)
- IMP85 Adapter to M100i (#2451313)
- IMP85 Adapter to FT 3.5" Focuser (#2451314)
- IMP85 Adapter to M68i (#2451315)
- Extension on IR90 Focuser and Telescope, 37mm for IMP85 (#2451320)
Instrument Multi Port IMP85
This device is a direct spinoff of our remote observatory developments.
The ability to get multiple benefits from a telescope opens up whole new worlds for remote observatories as well as amateur astronomers or regular observatories.
A remote observatory never has to be reconfigured again: A unit can now be equipped with a deepsky astro camera, a planetary camera and a spectrograph without having to request conversion time from the local staff.
An observatory with public shows can finally leave the camera permanently on the main telescope and still use it for observations with guests without any problems. After the guided tours, there is no time necessary for cleaning up and rebuilding the equipment - the telescope can be used immediately for astrophotography at the touch of a button. The possibilities of this system are as diverse as the fields of work in astronomy.
The Instrument Multi Port IMP85 (#2451300) has a unique selling point with its non-mirrored Port 1. Where other devices have a central mirror that rotates, the IMP85's design keeps the main camera in central focus. No light is lost and the weight is evenly distributed. The compact and solid construction allows the shortest possible connection to many telescope systems.
Two individually adjustable 40x40mm fused silica mirrors of the highest optical quality can be electronically inserted into the light path with the highest degree of repeatability to redirect the light to port 2 or port 3. These ports can be used for various other optical instruments such as spectrographs, video cameras, planetary cameras or a simple eyepiece.
The ports are clearly defined in backfocus and easily adaptable to all common systems via standard adapters. The instruments can thus be connected more or less parfocally to all three ports via an individual combination of adapters. We will be happy to help you find the optimal configuration for your application.
|NET WEIGHT (KG)
|OPTICAL LENGTH (MM)
|INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM)
||Securefit bolt circle 4x N10 bolt circle D104.8
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)