The PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Iron and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium phosphate degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Iron battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-iron designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
This combined with its rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
PowerTank Lithium Compatibility List
Will power any computerized mount
||16VDC @ 2000mA
|Charge Time (from flat):
|Telescope Power Port:
||12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
|Car Battery Adapter Port:
|USB Charging Port 1 Output:
||5VDC @ 1000mA
|USB Charging Port 2 Output:
||5VDC @ 2100mA
|Auto Shutoff Threshold Current:
||(12V Port) - Less than 250mA for a long period of time
||-4°F - 140°F (-20°C - 60°C)
||Red or White with two brightness settings for each color
|Weather Proof/Dust Proof:
|Telescope Power Cord:
||6.5 ft (2 m) with connector for Celestron telescopes
||2" wide hook & loop strap for attachment to tripod leg & a 10" hanging strap
||7.5" x 3"
||Battery pack| AC mains charger| Power cord for Celestron telescopes| Strap for attaching to tripod| Strap for hanging
PowerTank Lithium Manual