The ability to get multiple benefits from a telescope opens up whole new worlds for remote observatories as well as amateur astronomers or regular observatories.
- Enables the use of up to three instruments at the focal plane of a telescope.
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in Germany
- IMP85 (Instrument Multi Port) with 85mm clear aperture, in order to have one large straight Port 1 for unobstructed, unreflected light beam for the main camera.
- Two automated with 67mm clear diameter mirrors with 40 x 40 mm and BBHS coating can be set to deflect the light either left, right or to let it pass through undeflected.
- These ports can be used for various other optical instruments like spectrographs, video cameras, planetary cameras or a simple eyepiece.
- Can be controlled by a keypad or remotely via a webinterface.
- Massive CNC machined housing made of dural aluminium carries even the heaviest loads fo large cameras
- Power-over-Ethernet via the RJ45 ethernet port. In addition the device can also be powered by a standard 12V hollow plug 5.5/2.1. 12V power supply is included in the scope of delivery
- Connections telescope-side: 120 x 7.5 mm dovetail mount
- Connection Port 1 camera-side: 120 x 7.5 mm dovetail mount
- Connection Port 2 and Port 3 camera-side: M68x1 female
- Available (optional) telescope-adapters, like e.g. PlaneWave Instruments Hedrick Fokussierer, 3,5" Feathertouch, Alluna Optics M100, M68x1, GO1, AZ5000 and various others, as well as available (optional) Camera-Adapter for various cameras are available from stock or on demand.
A remote observatory never has to be reconfigured again: A unit can now be equipped with a deepsky astro camera, a planetary camera and a spectrograph without having to request conversion time from the staff.
An observatory with public shows can finally leave the camera permanently on the main telescope and still use it for observations with guests without any problems. After the guided tours, there is no time necessary for cleaning up and rebuilding the equipment - the telescope can be used immediately for astrophotography at the touch of a button. The possibilities of this system are as diverse as the fields of work in astronomy.
The IMP85 has a unique selling point with its non-mirrored Port 1. Where other devices have a central mirror that rotates, the IMP85's design keeps the main camera in central focus. No light is lost and the weight is evenly distributed. The compact and solid construction allows the shortest possible connection to many telescope systems.
Two individually adjustable 40x40mm fused silica mirrors of the highest optical quality can be electronically inserted into the light path with the highest degree of repeatability to redirect the light to port 2 or port 3. These ports can be used for various other optical instruments such as spectrographs, video cameras, planetary cameras or a simple eyepiece.
The ports are clearly defined in backfocus and easily adaptable to all common systems via standard adapters. The instruments can thus be connected more or less parfocally to all three ports via an individual combination of adapters. We will be happy to help you find the optimal configuration for your application.
A variety of adaptations are possible. The IMP85 is delivered without adapters. A variety of telescope-side and camera-side adapters are available from stock. For custom applications, we provide the design for the flange on request. For all our remote observatories, we use only Ethernet-controlled devices whenever possible. Therefore, the IMP85 is currently only connected to the PC/observatory network via a network port and controlled via an easily intuitive web interface. A small manual port selector switch is located on the side of the IMP85. ASCOM is currently not supported, ASCOM-Alpaka drivers are in preparation.
|INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM)
||Port 1: 85 mm, Port 2: 67 mm, Port 3: 67 mm
|BACK FOCUS USAGE
||Port 1: 90 mm, Port 2: 110.5 mm, Port 3: 110.5 mm
||3m Ethernet cable, 12V power supply (US, UK and EU adapter included), six M5 set screws
||Port1: 120 x 7,5mm dovetail mount | Port 2 and 3: M68x1 female
|INNER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)
||M68 x 1
|OUTER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)
||M68 x 1
||Connection with Ethernet cable to local network
||Webinterface on the device.
||Available Telescope-Adapters Hedrick Focuser, IR90, Alluna, GO1, AZ5000 and various others; proper adapters for various cameras are available on demand.
Baader IMP85 Adapter to Hedrick Focuser
Baader IMP85 Adapter to IR90 Focuser
Baader IMP85 Adapter to M100 external
Baader IMP85 Adapter to M100 internal
Baader IMP85 Adapter to FT 3.5"
Baader IMP85 Adapter to M68i
Baader IMP85 Extension IR90 37mm
IMP85 Quickstart Guide
Instrument Multi Port IMP85
Sample Installation for IMP85 on CDK 24"